Manx International 3-Day Cycling Race Friday 2nd – Sunday 4th August 2019
Manx International Cycling Ltd would like to confirm the following Road Closures to enable the above event to take place.
We are in the process of writing to Residents on the courses to ensure all are aware of arrangements that affect them.
We fully appreciate and understand that road closures cause inconvenience and disruption; therefore the closures have been designed to be as flexible as they can. Footpaths will remain open and pedestrians will be able to cross the roads, either under assistance from a marshal, or when it safe to do so. Organisers are hopeful roads will open well in advance of the published opening times.
A wider communication regarding community engagement and involvement will commence shortly encouraging residents to get involved with the event. However, in the meantime, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page for more specific details about the closures
Stage 1 - Friday 2nd August 2019 - 6:30pm Until 10:00pm (latest)
Isle of Man Business Park and section of Cooil Road, Braddan, as illustrated below:
Access to Spring Valley Industrial Estate (including B&Q) is unaffected.
Traffic from Foxdale direction will still be able to enter Vicarage Road via the lane behind the Cooil Chapel.
The course itself will be barriered with two steward-controlled pedestrian crossing points.
Stage 2 - Saturday 3rd August 2019 9:30am – 1:00pm (latest)
Top half of A36 The Sloc (above entrance to Upper Scard Farm) to junction with A27 (the Colby Glen / Dalby Crossroads)
The A27 Colby Glen / Dalby road is not affected by this closure.
Stage 3 - Saturday 3rd August 2019 3:15pm – 7:30pm (latest)
The Billown Racing Circuit Note:
The junctions at Cross Four Ways and A5 / Malew St will remain ‘half open’.
Therefore, two-way traffic will still be able to flow between A7 Ballasalla and A3 Foxdale road and between Malew St and A7 Victoria Road
– Sunday 4th August 2019
Stage 4 - Sunday 4th August 2019 – the TT Course
- Glencrutchery Road between Dukes Avenue (not including) to Mountain View (not including). 11:30am – 7:00pm to enable Finish line infrastructure to be installed
- A18 Mountain Road from Barrule Park (not including) and Cronk Ny Mona: 8:45am to 6:00pm (Permits for residents as per TT and FOM)
Apart from the two areas above, all other closures will commence in the afternoon as follows:
Mountain View to Ballacraine 12:30pm to 5:15pm
Ballacraine to Douglas Road Corner Kirk Michael: 1:00pm to 5:00pm
Douglas Road Corner Kirk Michael to Barrule Park Ramsey: 1:15pm to 6:00pm
Barrule Park Ramsey to Cronk Ny Mona (as per above)
Cronk Ny Mona to Dukes Avenue Including Dukes Avenue with unnamed road to the Police Custody Suite: 2:00pm to 6:30pm
Continuous access will be maintained at the following points throughout the race period;
- Governors Rd to Victoria Rd Douglas will remain open for two-way traffic
- A9 Bowring Rd into Parliament St Ramsey
- Ballacraine to the Hope via Peel and Foxdale
Additionally, 2-way vehicle crossing will be maintained in between the passing of the race convoy each lap at the following points and under the control of Race Control.
- Top of Bray Hill A2 between Ballaquayle Rd and Ballanard Rd (St Ninians Crossroads).
- A2 between Malvern Rd and High View Rd.
- Bottom of Bray Hill A2 Stoney Rd and Tromode Rd
- A1 Crosby, between Old Church Rd, Eyreton Rd and Ballavitchel Rd.
- A3 between Ballabooie Rd and Little London, Cronk y Voddy.
- A3 Barregarrow Crossroads, Michael.
- A3 Lezayre, Sulby Glen Crossroads.
- A3 between Sulby Bridge & Claddaghs Rd.
- A3 between Glen Auldyn and Gardeners Lane.
- A3 Ramsey, between Fairfield Ave and Bircham Ave.
- A18 Ramsey between Christian St & Westbourne Rd.
- A18 Ramsey between Lheaney Rd and Barrule Park.
- A18, Onchan and Douglas, between Signpost Corner and Bedstead Corner.
- A2 Onchan and Douglas, between Governors Rd, Victoria Rd, and Second Ave on Glencrutchery Rd
Between each passing of the race, (3-laps), the following access corridors will be re-opened for approximately one hour under the crontrol of Race Control.
- A1, Douglas and Braddan, between Quaterbridge and Union Mills
- A1, between Hawthron Inn and Ballacraine
- A3, Kirk Michael, between Douglas Rd Corner and Station and Glen Rd at Ballaugh Bridge.
Organisers are on hand to assist the public with queries and facilitate any requests where possible.
Please contact using the following methods:
Helpline: (07624) 224254